W. B. Calhoun, M.D., FACC
- Noth Mississippi Medical Center, 2009 – Chief od Staff
- Cardiology Associates of North Mississippi, 1996 – Present
– Specialty – General Invasive Cardiology
- Kron Medical Corporation, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 1992 – 1993
– Locum Tenems Physician in Internal Medicine
- Shands Teaching Hospital, University of Florida, Gainesville, Fellowship in Cardiology, 1993 – 1996
- Shands Teaching Hospital, University of Florida, Gainesville, Residency in Internal Medicine, 1990 – 1992
- Shands Teaching Hospital, University of Florida, Gainesville, Internship, 1989-1990
- Louisiana State University Medical Center, Shreveport, M.D., 1985 – 1989
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, B.A. in History, 1985
- Vanderbilt University, Nashville, Tennessee, 1981 – 1982
- Phillips Academy, Andover, Massachusetts, 1978 – 1981
- Certified Diplomate – American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, 1997
- Certified Diplomate – American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine, 1993
- Member, North Mississippi Health Services Medical Staff Committee
- Member, Community Development Foundation Health Care Task Force
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology
- Alumni Member, Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity
- Member, Mississippi State Medical Association
- Member, American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
- Member, American Society of Echocardiology
Publications & Presentations
- Calhoun, W.B., Mills, R.M. Jr., and Drane, W.E.: Clinical Importance of Viability Assessment in Chronic Ischemia Heart Failure. Clinical Cardiology, 19 (5):367-369, May 1996.
- Bertolet, B.D., Belardinelli, L., Avasarala, K., Calhoun, W.B., Franco, E.A., Nichols, W.W., Kerensky, R.A. and Hill, J.A.: Differential Antagonism of Cardiac Actions of Adenosine by Theophylline. Cardiovascular Research, 32: 839-845, 1996.
- Clinical Importance of Viability Assessment in Chronic Ischemic Heart FailurePresented to the 3rd International Congress on Heart Failure, Geneva, Switzerland, May, 1995.
- Deglutation Syncope: A Case ReportPresented to the American College of Physicians, Miami, Florida, 1992.
- Calhoun, W.B., Crowley, K. and Hughes, E.: Dose reduction with coronary CTA, Sept/Oct 2011, vol 83/no.1 Radiologic Technology