Roger A. Williams, M.D., FACC
- Cardiology Associates of North Mississippi, PA, Tupelo, Mississippi, June, 1999 – Present
– Interventional Cardiology
- Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Microbiology, B.S., 1989
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine, New Orleans, Louisiana, M.D., 1993
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida Residency, Internal Medicine, 1993 – 1996
- University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, Fellowship, Cardiovascular Diseases, 1996 – 1999
- 1996 Diplomat; American Board of Internal Medicine
- 1999 Diplomat; Cardiovascular Diseases
- 2003 Board Certified; Interventional Cardiology
- 1995 – State of Florida
- 1999 – State of Mississippi
- American College of Physicians, Associate Member
- American Medical Association, Associate Member
- American College of Cardiology, Affiliate in Training
- Mississippi State Medical Society
- American Society of Nuclear Cardiology
Awards And Honors
- H. Harris Academic Scholarship, 1985 – 1989
- LSU Alumni Federation Scholarship, 1985 – 1989
- LSU Honor Scholarship, 1985 – 1993
- Alexander Thom Memorial Scholarship, 1989 – 1993
- Magna Cum Laude, Louisiana State University, 1993
- Cardiovascular Institute of the South, Houma, Louisiana, Summers 1986 – 1991
– Research Assistant
- LSU Microbiology Department, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Fall 1988 – Spring 1989
– Research Assistant; Advisor: R. J. Seibling, Ph.D.
- LSU Zoology Department, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Fall 1985 – Spring 1988
– Research Assistant; Advisor: John Wilson, Ph.D.
- Stagg, SJ; Walker, CM; Williams, RA; et al: Percutaneous Laser Angioplasty Opens Vessel At Its Origin. Clinical Laser Monthly – Clinical Practice Report, 1988. Volume 6 Number 5.
- Woodard, DA; Conti, JB; Williams, RA; et al: Atrial Pacing in Transplant Patients – An Alternative. European Heart Journal 1995; 16 (Abstract Supplement): 515.
- Williams, RA; Nichols, WW; et al: Myocardial and Coronary Vascular Protection After Coronary Occlusion and Reperfusion by Selective Sinoatrial Node Inhibition. J Am Coll Cardiol 1995; 25 (Special Issue): 356A.
- Williams, RA; Nichols, WW; Pepine, CJ: Right Heart Pressure Measurements With a Novel High-Fidelity Flow-Directed Pressure-Tip Cardiac Catheter. Abstract Submitted for Review American College of Cardiology.
- Woodard, DA; Conti, JB; Mills, RM; Williams, RA; Curtis, AB: Permanent Atrial Pacing in Cardiac Transplant Patients. PACE 1997; Volume 20:2398.